Have you picked up your copy of The Grumpy Grammarian’s Guide To Copy Editing?
It’s the best book on copy editing I’ve ever read.
- If you get the paperback version, it’s large enough to write notes in.
- There are fun stories about why the author, Autumn Tompkins, is sooooo grumpy.
- There’s no grammar jargon to memorize.
- It’s for people who post their content on the Internet. (Or have an audience that reads content on a computer or a smartphone.)
- Each lesson gives 3 examples of the right way to edit copy, and the wrong way to edit copy.
- Autumn helped me fall in LOVE with learning proper grammar.
- The cover is my favorite shade of red :)
After you’ve read The Grumpy Grammarian’s Guide To Copy Editing …
I want you to use The Hemingway Editor app.
It’s a nifty desktop editing app that helps make your writing bold and clear.
- All you need to do is click here.
- Copy and paste content you’ve already written.
- Check out your readability score on the right hand side of the screen.
- Make your edits.
Voila! You’re on your way to becoming a compelling copy editor.
She sends out a cool copy edit tip every Tuesday.
Happy copy editing!